It is essential to have volunteers in all areas of our programs to ensure the best for our children. In particular, coaches, scorekeepers and umpires are needed for the younger age-levels. You do not need any prior experience in these areas, since Bedford Babe Ruth Baseball/Softball, Inc. conducts clinics to prepare volunteers for teaching the players and administering to their needs. Working with children is a very rewarding experience and we urge you to volunteer with us.
Registering to Volunteer
Registering to Volunteer
Registration for volunteers will take place prior to each season and will coincide with player registration.
For more information please email us at: Volunteer@BedfordBaseballSoftball.com and please include the word "volunteer" in the subject line.
Questions / Inquiries?
If you have any questions in regards to the CORI, background screening or abuse prevention training process, please contact the BBRBS CORI Officer.
Safety and Background Screening
BBRBS volunteers must complete the following & be approved prior to volunteering with children:
- Must fill out a CORI FORM every year
- Send the form & image of your ID to bbrbsCORI@gmail.com
ALL BASEBALL, T-BALL & FARM SOFTBALL VOLUNTEERS:
- Must complete a Background Check & Abuse Prevention Training (APS) every 2 years.
- Click HERE to create a Membership SportsEngine.
- Within "Membership" you will see if you need to do the Background Check &/or APS, or if yours is still valid.
- If you are due for the Background Check/APS - your CORI officer will provide a code via email to cover the cost.
ALL MINORS, MAJORS & SENIORS SOFTBALL VOLUNTEERS:
- You must complete a USA Softball Background Check & SafeSport Certification annually.
- REGISTER / LOGIN HERE.
- PURCHASE A BACKGROUND CHECK
- At the bottom, click the "Background Check" tab
- Then click "Purchase"
- You can purchase with or without ACE (optional coach training)
- You must pay for the background screening, but email your receipt to our Treasurer for reimbursement (Mike Dorr @ firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SafeSport CERTIFICATION
- SafeSport TUTORIAL
- At the bottom, click the "SafeSport" tab
- First timers - click "Account Creation"
- Veterans - click "SafeSport Returning User Login"
- Login & you will be prompted to take the appropriate course(s).
- Email your certificate to bbrbsCORI@gmail.com
Once you have passed the CORI screening AND either the SportsEngine or USA Softball background screening, you will be cleared to begin volunteering with children with BBRBS.
Open Board Positions
Currently we have no open board positions, but this can change each season due to volunteers moving on or changing roles. We encourage anyone interested in learning more about our Board of Directors to please email the BBRBS President at: email@example.com.
To see who’s who on our Board, click here.