Bedford Baseball and Softball
Summer Leagues Registration
More Information on our Summer Programs can be found under "Summer Goals & Purpose"
Registration for the summer travel season is open for all Bedford residents and Hanscom Airforce Base residents who meet the individual league qualifications. BBRBS will determine which divisions we can field teams in based on the number of registered players, their ages, and their level of play.
Any boy between the ages of 9-21 (as of 5/1/21) who are interested in playing summer baseball are eligible to register. The player need not have played spring baseball.
We will try to field as many teams in as many divisions as we can. Typically we have teams in the following divisions:
- Senior Babe Ruth (ages 16-21) as of 5/1/21.
- Babe Ruth (ages 13-15) as of 5/1/21.
- Bay State Divisions A -D (ages 9-12) as of 5/1/21. (click on the link and choose "For Parents" for more information)
- Middlesex League (ages 9-12) as of 5/1/21.
Player Evaluations: Sunday, May 23, 2021 (NO EVALS FOR SR. BABE RUTH)
Upper Davis Field
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am: Born between 5/1/10 - 8/31/12 (9 & 10 years old)
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am: : Born between 5/1/09 - 4/30/10 (11 year old)
- 11:00 am -12:00 pm: Born between 5/1/08 - 4/31/09 (12 year old)
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Born between 5/1/06 - 4/30/08 (13 & 14 year old)
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Born between 5/1/05 - 4/30/06 (15 year old)
Girls will compete in the Middle Essex league that is run by USA Softball. The ages for softball are U18, U16, U14, U12, and U10 and it is the age as of January 1, 2021. We will determine how many teams we can enter and what age divisions after we see the registration numbers.
The cost of summer baseball is $190 and includes a registration fee of $65 (insurance + field fee + uniform). The cost of summer softball is $165 and includes a registration fee of $65 (insurance + field fee + uniform).
There is a family maximum cap of $400 per family for the season. We also have scholarships available, please contact Paul Schuman,
for scholarship information.
There is no payment due at the time of registration. We will ask for payment as soon as the teams are finalized in each of the leagues.
Uniforms & Equipment
Uniforms consisting of a team shirt and hat will be provided for summer leagues. Players will be required to wear baseball/softball pants, and cleats.
All players are required to bring their own baseball/softball equipment to include: glove, bat, mask, batting gloves, catcher’s equipment, batting helmet. If you do not own this equipment, please purchase and have available prior to the first practice. If you do not have the means to purchase, please know that we have ample gently-used equipment to offer for season use.
Please register to be a manager, coach, or scorekeeper for any of our teams. All managers, coaches, and scorekeepers working with children need to have a CORI check done per Massachusetts state law. Volunteers will need to complete a CORI form and present it to our CORI Officer, Jennifer Holman, along with a picture ID. Thank you for volunteering your time.
GUIDELINES FOR PLAY - SUMMER
Bedford Babe Ruth Notice on Field Usage During COVID
- Players must wear masks and stay socially distanced (6 feet) while not on the field of play.
- Batters must wear masks, and there are no exceptions.
- Spectators from a given household must both wear a mask and stay socially distanced from spectators from other households.
- Coaches must wear a face covering and stay socially distanced.
- After practices and scrimmages, team meetings should comply with the above.
- All players must bring their own hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes to the field.
All families will be required to sign a waiver which states that despite all reasonable efforts, we cannot guarantee that you, your child, other family members, etc. cannot be held liable in any way. You freely and knowingly accept the risk of participating in the summer 2021 season. You will also adhere to the Commonwealth's and Town of Bedford's guidelines for return to play. Without the signed waiver, your child will not be allowed to participate in any activities. This waiver is available on our website and copies will be available at the first practice.
We ask all parents to check their child’s temperature before practice. If your child has a fever, please keep them home.
If anyone in your family is not feeling well, we would ask that your entire family (including player) STAY HOME. Please just communicate this to your Manager.
We are thankful and excited that we are able to offer summer leagues for our baseball and softball players. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please Register For A Program Below
If you have any questions about registration, please reach out to our Player Agent, Nina Tate, at
If you have any questions specific to our summer travel leagues, please reach out to our Baseball/Softball Commissioner, Chris LaCamera, at