Fall Baseball & Softball
Registration for fall baseball and softball is now open and will end on August 30. Registration is open to Bedford and Hanscom AFB residents born on or after May 1, 2009. The fall season will begin the week of September 6, dates and times will be communicated after registration has ended. The season will go for approximately 6-weeks.
Baseball and Softball programs will be run separately, please register for whichever program is suitable for your child.
Registration, Fees, and Uniforms
Registration must be completed by Monday, August 30on the BBRBS website.
We understand that this is short notice, but we are asking you to respond quickly as we need to know the number of players to make teams and reserve fields.
$65 - includes field use fee + insurance
For weekend scrimmages players will need to wear either a Blue or White shirt. Coaches will let players know which color to wear before scrimmages.
Guidelines for Fall Play
Please note that while there are currently no restrictions on play due to COVID-19, we will watch for any changes from the local, state, and federal levels.
Our fall in-town program will be clinic-style to provide an opportunity for our baseball and softball players to play and develop skills. The plan is to have 1 weekday clinic + 1 weekend scrimmage. We will communicate details on days/times and teams after we have registration numbers.
- Registration is open to all Bedford and Hanscom AFB residents who were born on or after May 1, 2009. Please sign up for the program that applies to your child.
- Clinic teams will be divided into manageable age/skills groups for specific time slots, to be determined at a later date.
- The cost of this program is $65, and includes insurance + field fee.
- Players will wear either a blue or white shirt for scrimmages. There will be no official uniforms for the Fall.
- Any player who has an open balance from a previous season will not be allowed to play, until payment is made in full for all programs. Please check your mail after registration for details if this applies to your family.
All players are required to bring their own baseball/softball equipment to include: glove, bat, mask, batting gloves, catcher’s equipment, batting helmet. If you do not own this equipment, please purchase and have it available prior to the first practice. If you do not have the means to purchase, please know that we have ample gently-used equipment to offer for season use.
- If anyone in your family is not feeling well, we would ask that your entire family (including player) STAY HOME. Please just communicate as you normally would with your coach.
- Bring-In /Take-Out Trash Policy: Trash receptacles will not be provided. It is important that each parent takes any trash with them at the end of practices/games. A good idea would be to bring a trash bag with you to the games.
- Porta-toilets WILL NOT be provided.
We are thankful and excited that we are able to offer baseball and softball this fall. We look forward to seeing our players on the field making plays and smiling with their friends.
Fall 2021 Volunteers
We need a lot of volunteers to make our season go smoothly, and we appreciate any help our parents (and other adult family members) can give. Please indicate whether you'll be able to help out with any of our teams. All BBRBS volunteers working with children need to have a CORI check done per Massachusetts state law. Once you have registered as a volunteer, Jenny Hollman, our CORI Officer, will contact you.
Please register for a program below.
Fall Registration is open until Monday, August 30